OVERVIEW ON NGOMA SAFARI LODGE IN CHOBE
Ngoma Safari Lodge offers accommodation in eight luxurious river facing suites with spacious internal and external living areas, a bath, an inside and outside shower, overhead fans, air conditioning, mini bar, tea/coffee facilities and an open lounge. Your own private sanctuary, Ngoma Safari Lodge delivers on space, comfort and true African sensuality. A quiet refuge in the wild of Botswana. Each of the luxury suites have a view of the legendary Chobe river and offer the opportunity to see the famous Chobe elephants, migrating zebra or buffalo grazing on the Caprivi floodplain below, depending on the season. The main area incorporates the reception, guest sitting room, dining room and bar area, Swimming pool, sundeck and adjacent viewing platform.
Location Of Ngoma Safari Lodge
Situated in northern Chobe, Botswana, within the Chobe Forest Reserve. Ngoma Safari Lodge is 55 km from the nearest town, Kasane, and 135 km from the magnificent Natural Wonder of Victoria Falls. It is from here, where you will be able to gaze out onto the floodplain and Chobe River, the lifeblood of the area.
Safari Experience At Ngoma Safari Lodge
Game drive sightings may include literally hundreds of elephants! Often times your vehicle may need to stop as these majestic animals cross the road to make their way to the river. One may see up to 15 different species of animals on any one game drive, including waterbuck, lechwe, puku, giraffe, kudu, roan and sable, impala, warthog, bushbuck, monkeys and baboons, as well as some predators like lion, leopard, hyena and jackal. Hippo, crocodile and a huge number of birds are common sightings on the river cruise.
Activities At Ngoma Safari Lodge
The Chobe region is teeming with game, including the famous Chobe Elephants. There are over 75 species of mammals and 450 species of birds in this area. To take full advantage of this wealth of wildlife the Ngoma safari experience includes up to 4 game activities a day:
- Game walks in the Chobe Forest Reserve – Located within the Chobe Forest Reserve, we are privileged to be able to offer guided walks with our team of experienced professional guides who will escort you on an enthralling walk in this game-rich enclave. Walks depart early morning and return for breakfast.
- Game drives in the Chobe Forest Reserve – Every foray into the Chobe Forest Reserve proves highly rewarding. Game drives into the Chobe National Park – morning and afternoon options available.
- Famous for its large elephant herds Chobe National Park, which is the second largest national park in Botswana covering some 11 700 square kilometers, has some of the largest concentrations of game found on the continent of Africa. Game drives in this park are legendary, with sightings of herds of more that 100 elephants at any one time being the norm. For the birding enthusiast the Park provides a kaleidoscope of species, in what is one of Africas finest birding safari locations.
- Night Drives in the Chobe Forest Reserve – Depart after dinner and return at about 2230hrs-2300hrs depending on the sightings.
- Full day safari – This includes a cruise on the Chobe River, a game drive in the Chobe National Park and a sumptuous picnic lunch. Depart after breakfast and return at approximately 1830hrs.
- Other activities include visits to the local primary school and village as well as sundowners in the Chobe Forest Reserve.
Summary For Ngoma Safari Lodge
- Panoramic views overlooking Chobe River and Caprivi Floodplain.
- 8 individual spacious suites with outside seating areas overlooking the river and floodplain.
- Central guest area built adjacent to a magnificent Baobab and overlooking the Chobe river.
- The central area incorporates: Reception, guest sitting room, dining room and bar area, Internet facilities, Swimming pool, sundeck and adjacent viewing platform.
- Access – Flights via Kasane Airport – Botswana, Victoria Falls Airport – Zimbabwe or Livingstone Airport – Zambia. Road transfers are approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from the Kazungula border with Zambia, 1 hour from Kazungula Border with Zimbabwe and 45 minutes from Kasane Airport and approximately 2 hours from Livingstone or Victoria Falls airports.