Understand Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences In Botswana | Why Visit Botswana For Your Safari Vacation Or Holidays In Africa
OVERVIEW ON SHINDE CAMP IN OKAVANGO DELTA
Shinde Camp comprises of eight twin-bedded classic safari tents, each with en-suite bathrooms, hot and cold running water and flush toilet. Every possible comfort has been catered for – from mosquito nets, electric ceiling fans, generated electricity and a private viewing deck through to a decanter of sherry! Each strategically positioned tent offers splendid views, whether across the Okavango Delta’s mysterious waterways or open grasslands. Accommodation is generally twin share on comfortable three-quarter size beds, however double accommodation is available on request but subject to availability.
CONTACT AN EXPERT TO PLAN YOUR BOTSWANA SAFARI
Location Of Shinde Camp
Nestled on a lush palm island in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta, Shinde is an intimate camp at the edge of Shinde Lagoon, which teems with animal and birdlife. The main lodge’s unique tree house comprises a multi-tiered and canvas covered raised dining and lounge area. Its setting, amongst the shade of ebony and mangosteen trees, complements the atmosphere of this truly original safari camp.
Safari Experience At Shinde Camp
Shinde is situated on a private concession which allows guided walks, Mokoro excursions and night drives in addition to game drives and motorboat trips. Shinde’s excellent location in the Okavango Delta ensures a combination of permanent water access for year-round water activities and large dry areas for game drive routes. This blend of environments provides the habitat for a consistently wide variety of wildlife, including the elusive sitatunga antelope. Fly or spin fishing is available throughout the year (with the exception of January and February), with excellent bream fishing from May to September and superb chances of landing Tiger fish during September to mid- November. Shinde is also a wonderful option for honeymooners. Guests are accommodated in the luxurious honeymoon tent and enjoy special touches which include private breakfasts. Honeymooners are also offered a slightly more relaxed pace than a normal safari routine!
CONTACT AN EXPERT ON SHINDE CAMP PRICES & SAFARI
Activities At Shinde Camp
Shinde’s location affords water and land access throughout the year, providing a diverse range of activities. Motorboat or Mokoro activities provide guests the chance to experience the incredible number of bird, plant and reptile species found in the aquatic habitat of the Okavango Delta. Game drives are conducted with a personal guide in specially-designed, comfortable vehicles together and guided walks are also available for the more adventurous. Fly fishing enthusiasts can fish for a variety of species such as tilapia and tiger fish.
Summary For Shinde Camp
- Eight classic safari tents (includes a honeymoon tent and the Enclave tents)
- Private airstrip
- Tree house/dining area, open campfire deck and bar
- Plunge pool
- Minimum age at Shinde is 10 years throughout the year.
- Private Shinde concession allows guided walks, Mokoro excursions and night drives in addition to game drives and motorboat trips
- Permanent waters of the Okavango Delta allow year round water activities (including fly or spin fishing) alongside large dry areas for game drives
- Wet and dry habitat ensures a wide variety of wildlife is consistently found in the area, including regular sightings of the rarely spotted Sitatunga antelope
- Exclusive motorboat access to the Gadikwe Heronry.
- Delightful honeymoon option features special touches such as private breakfast, relaxing safari routines and accommodation in the honeymoon tent