OVERVIEW ON LINYANTI BUSH CAMP IN LINYANTI
Linyanti Bush Camp is an intimate 12-bedded tented camp, featuring large East African Meru-style tents. The camp offers guests a choice of one double tent with a king-size bed or five twin tents with two twin beds in each tent. All tents have en-suite facilities with running hot showers and flush toilet, plus a comfortable sofa with a writing desk, chest of drawers and a cupboard. Conveniences such as mosquito nets, cold and hot running water, tea and coffee making facilities are available in all tents for added comfort. Each tent is strategically positioned to offer spectacular views of Linyanti Marsh. The camp is available on special request with the inclusion of Linyanti Ebony for groups of up to 20 guests traveling together.
Location Of Linyanti Bush Camp
Linyanti Bush Camp is situated on the banks of Linyanti Marsh in a private reserve which borders the western boundary of Chobe in the Chobe Enclave. The marshes are the only water source for miles around, attract water-adapted and desert-adapted wildlife, large numbers of birdlife and support a diversity of activities.
Safari Experience At Linyanti Bush Camp
The intimate camp allows for a personalized experience in a private concession off the main tourist routes .This also creates perfect atmosphere for an authentic and wild safari experience. The private reserve location allows for off road game drives and night drives in addition to the usual game drives, game walks, fishing (light spinning equipment only), Mokoro excursions and boat trips (water activities are subject to water levels). The area is home to large populations of elephant and buffalo, especially during the dry season. Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, and a number of the plains game are also common sights in this area. Sitatunga, red lechwe, hippo and crocodile can be found in the surrounding marshes. The Linyanti Swamps are one of the most attractive areas in the park as it is the only source of water in the dry months. Much of the wildlife moves here to drink, ensuring a great diversity of game and a restful atmosphere. The area also offers spectacular birding all year round due to its location on the bank of a marsh and its proximity to the Linyanti River.
Activities At Linyanti Bush Camp
Linyanti Bush Camp offers a diverse range of water and land activities throughout the year. Motorboats and Mokoro (subject to water levels) provide a chance to experience the incredible numbers of bird, plant and reptile species found in the Linyanti Marsh. Game drives are conducted in comfortable, specially-designed open safari vehicles. In addition, night drives are offered on the private concession. Guided walks are available with a highly experienced professional guide. Fishing is also offered (light spinning equipment only). Please note: fishing is not available in January and February and is subject to water levels for the rest of the year.
Summary For Linyanti Bush Camp
- Main area with small library, sitting and dining area
- Bar and day bed overlooking the Linyanti River and Marsh
- Splash pool, open campfire
- Boma/hide overlooking small waterhole, private boma for group dinners
- Private airstrip
- Minimum age at Linyanti is 7 years.
- Small and intimate camp ensures a personalized and exclusive experience off the main tourist routes
- Private reserve location allows for off road game drives and night drives in addition to the usual game drives, game walks, fishing, Mekoro excursions and boat trips
- Area is home to large populations of elephant and buffalo that congregate in vast numbers, especially during the dry season
- Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, red lechwe, hippo, crocodile and the rare and elusive sitatunga antelope can be found in the surrounding marshes
- Spectacular birding all year round due to its location on the bank of a marsh and its proximity to the Linyanti River