OVERVIEW ON LINYANTI EBONY IN LINYANTI
Linyanti Ebony is a small eight-bedded tented camp located alongside Linyanti Bush Camp. The camp offers a choice of three twin-bedded tents and one family room, all built on elevated decking affording stunning views of the endless vistas and lagoons of the Linyanti River system. The well–appointed tents all have en-suite facilities with a shower and flushing toilet, a comfortable sofa with a writing desk, chest of drawers and a cupboard. Conveniences such as mosquito nets, cold and hot running water, tea and coffee making facilities are available in all tents for our guest’s additional comfort. The camp’s main dining and lounge area is complemented by its own splash pool. Both Linyanti Bush Camp and Linyanti Ebony can be booked together on request for groups of up to 20 people.
Location Of Linyanti Ebony
Linyanti Ebony is situated adjacent to Linyanti Bush Camp, in a private concession on the banks of Linyanti Marsh which borders the western boundary of Chobe in the Chobe Enclave. The marshes are the only water source for miles around and attract water-adapted and desert-adapted wildlife, large numbers of birdlife. The marshes also offer the ability to undertake a diversity of activities.
Safari Experience At Linyanti Ebony
The private reserve location allows for off road game drives and night drives in addition to game drives, game walks, fishing (light spinning equipment only), mokoro excursions and boat trips (subject to water levels) The area is home to large populations of elephant and buffalo that congregate in vast numbers, especially during the dry season. Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, and a number of the plains game are also common sights in this area. The rare and elusive sitatunga antelope, red lechwe, hippo and crocodile can be found in the surrounding marshes. The Linyanti Swamps are one of the most attractive areas in the park as it is the only source of water in the dry months. Much of the wildlife moves here to drink, ensuring a great diversity of game and a restful atmosphere. The area also offers spectacular birding all year round due to its location on the bank of a marsh and its proximity to the Linyanti River. The area’s relative remoteness also makes it a favored wild safari destination and one of the most sought-after areas in northern Botswana.
Activities At Linyanti Ebony
Linyanti Ebony offers a diverse range of water (subject to water levels)and land activities throughout the year. These include game drives in open 4 x 4 vehicles, walking excursions with an armed professional guide, boating and mokoro excursions, and fishing the recently-replenished water-filled lagoons. The camp can be booked exclusively with a minimum of six people, and offers accommodation for tour leaders and private guides on escorted safaris.
Summary For Linyanti Ebony
- Main tent with sitting and dining area
- Open campfire
- Private airstrip
- Fishing equipment
- No minimum age but not recommended for children under the age of 7.
- Small and intimate camp ensures a personalized and exclusive experience off the main tourist routes
- Camp can be booked exclusively with a minimum of six people, and is open year round
- Private reserve location allows for off road game drives and night drives in addition to the usual game drives, game walks, fishing, mokoro excursions and boat trips
- Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, red lechwe, hippo, crocodile and the rare and elusive sitatunga antelope can be found in the surrounding marshes.
- Spectacular birding all year round due to its location on the bank of a marsh and its proximity to the Linyanti River